Have you ever needed to create a type scale following an 8 point baseline grid, or really any grid, and had to spend extra time figuring out what should be the right line-height for every text size in the scale?
No worries! The good line-height calculates the exact number so it always fits the baseline grid!
- Discover the perfect typography for your website by entering your current (or desired) font, font size, and/or content width
- Experiment with different fonts, sizes, and widths to see what works best
- Optimize for the ultimate reading experience on any device
Utopia emerges when designers and developers share a systematic approach to fluidity in responsive design. Instead of designing for x number of arbitrary breakpoints, we can design a system within which elements scale proportionally and fluidly. This can help you to:
- Design and code minimally and elegantly
- Streamline collaboration between design and development roles
- Ensure visual harmony and consistency
Utopia is not a product, a plugin, or a framework. It’s a memorable/pretentious word we use to refer to a way of thinking about fluid responsive design. There’s no program or dependency to install, although we are developing some free tools to support your next Utopian project: